Septic Service Information
- Try to avoid overloading the system. This will cause you to have to prematurely pump the septic tank.
- You should have your septic tank pumped out by a reputable waste hauler on a regular basis. The tank should be pumped out every 2-4 years depending on the capacity and use of the tank. You may need to pump more frequently based on usage. When the tank is pumped, it should be checked for any structural damage which may cause the tank to fail.
- Toxic and hazardous chemicals should never be poured down the drains or flushed down the toilet. Chemicals such as paints, varnishes, pesticides, solvents and caustic drain openers can kill of the enzymes and bacteria within the system
- Non-biodegradable material such as cat box litter, hair, disposable diapers, sanitary napkins, and coffee grounds should not be sent down the drain or toilet.
- Every effort must be made to avoid letting large amounts of grease or oils into the tank. Grease is one of the hardest organic materials to be broken down by enzymes. Grease and oils combine with soap and laundry detergents to form a scum that is very hard to break down and liquefy.
- If possible, don’t use garbage disposals because they add extra solids to the tank. These large solids along with solid wastes such as cigarette butts, paper towels, condoms etc. should be disposed of in the garbage.
- Household cleaners such as chlorine bleaches and continuous dose toilet bowl cleaners should be avoided.
- Call us if something seems wrong. Such as odors and strange noises, alarms and water pooling in your yard near the septic area.
- Keep areas clean from debris and high vegetation around septic tanks and electrical components. This will help your components to run better and help your service technician maintain your system without complications.
- If your Multi-Flo or Nayadic alarm is sounding, first check your circuit breaker panel to make sure the breaker has not tripped. You can silence your alarm by holding the silence button for 15 seconds. If your alarm doesn’t reset, please call for an appointment.
- If your lift station alarm sounds, also check your circuit breaker to make sure breaker hasn’t tripped. Also check at lift station to be sure pump has not been unplugged. If all the things are ok, please contact us a.s.a.p. to have a technician out for repairs. You will want to limit your water usage to quick showers and flushing the toilet. Do not run your dishwasher or washing machine.
- When pumping is needed, contact our office to schedule your appointment. 2-4 years is the recommended time frame.
- Proper care is the most important thing you can do for your septic system. If done consistently you should avoid any major problems with your septic system. Preventative maintenance helps prolong the life of your components
grease, or oil